There are two bands with the name The Darling Buds:
(1) The Darling Buds were an indie band from Caerleon near Newport, Wales. The band were formed in 1986 and took their name from a British novel called The Darling Buds of May.
(2) A British band, fronted by actor Jamie Campbell Bower whose music is Alternative Indie Rock.
(1) Influenced by the catchy simpler sound of the early Beatles, the band created very melodic hook driven short duration singles. They were considered part of the short lived "Blonde" movement(bands that were fronted by blondes with the band members dressed in black) along with the like of The Primitives but also referenced the C86 scene of a few years earlier.
Whilst the band were not hugely successful, they did manage to score a number of notable hits in their native UK and managed to release three full length albums as listed below:
Pop Said - Epic 1988
Crawdaddy - Epic 1990
Erotica - Epic 1992
They also released numerous 7" & 12" vinyl/cd singles. The release of their 1992 cd caused some minor controversy when it was released several months prior to Madonna's cd of the same title. For more information go to:
* Andrea Lewis - Vocals
* Harley Farr - Guitar
* Chris McDonogh - Bass
* Blos - Drums (1986-1990)
* Jimmy Hughes - Drums (1990-1993)
(2) The Darling Buds featuring the British actor Jamie Campbell Bower have not been that popular, playing in a few gigs - this could be because Jamie Campbell Bower's acting career has set up with him appearing in major films like "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber On Fleet Street" and "The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones". They have release two known songs 'It's Amazing' and 'Alone Is No Together'. Read more on Last.fm
. User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License; additional terms may apply.Artist biography from last.fm